TSF Every Heartbeat Matters Award
TSF, through the generosity and philanthropy of the Edwards Lifesciences Foundation, is offering support of up to $37,500 for qualified surgeons who conduct charity work in underserved regions/populations.
The TSF Every Heartbeat Matters Award is designed to provide support for:
- Programs that educate, screen and/or treat underserved populations to reduce the global burden of heart valve disease and;
- Other programs that advance health care and address underserved populations. This can include education and awareness campaigns, research, and/or direct care for underserved populations.
Projects that address the following will be sought:
- Proposed screening strategies and translation to surgical interventions in underserved regions/populations.
- Focus on heart valve disease recognition and treatment in undeserved regions/populations.
- Specific statistics on the quantity of patients who will be screened.
- Specific statistics on the nature and quantity of heart valve issues that will be detected.
Applicants must be ABTS (or equivalent) certified cardiothoracic surgeons.
Award applications will be reviewed/initially evaluated by the Charitable Outreach Initiatives Committee, and awardees ultimately will be selected by the TSF Board of Directors. Award notifications will be distributed in February 2022, and charity work is expected to be completed by December 1, 2022. All TSF Every Heartbeat Matters Award recipients will be required to submit a summary essay within 30 days of project completion or by December 15, 2022 documenting achievements with respect to the four measures listed above.
Application Deadline: 10/25/21 (Deadline Extended)